Monday, May 6, 2013
The Fog
Have you ever felt like you head is just filled with a thick dense fog, that you cannot seem to navigate to keep track of your own thoughts. That is how I have felt this past semester. Coming into this semester, knowing that i had 3 of my most time consuming and work extensive classes, made me feel like this was going to be a long one. To my surprise, the complete opposite thing was true. This semester went by in a blur. Having so much work, and trying to learn so many of my students names in field put my brain on overload. I have never been one to have to write things down to keep them straight, but i knew that if I didnt write everything down this semester i was done for. The semester started out fine, but as we got into the heavy part of the semester, I felt like my brain shut off. It seemed that I had 10,000 things to do all of the time, and being a procrastinator, that is never a good thing. Through hard work and the best time management i have ever been able to manage in my life, i have put myself in a position now that if i can hang on for this next 2 weeks, and not bomb all of my finals, i have a shot for another 4.0 semester. Coming into this semester, I thought there was no way that was going to happen. If this semester has taught me anything, it is the importance of time management, and also that i am capable of excelling, even when I feel like my back is continually against the wall. The end of this semester will be by far the biggest relief of my college career.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I have felt like this from time to time. I do very well to start out every semester, but I feel like every semester I am going to ruin it during the last week. It is hard to stay focused when my college career is coming to an end. I just get seniorites and want to get done with college already. It is coming to a close and we just need to hold on.
ReplyDeleteThat's what happened to me this semester as well. In a week and a half the semester will be over and we can all enjoy summer! Good luck with your finals.
ReplyDeleteI completely agree that being busy and stressed (to a certain, healthy extent) is the easiest way to manage time. In my experiences, when I have a semester with more than 15 credits and a full workload, I am constantly thinking about what I need to get done. However, when there is less work that needs to be done, I find myself putting it off until the last minute. With a tough workload, you tend to push yourself and make sure every assignment is your best work. I know this is the case for me anyways, during my days here at SRU.
Delete