Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Changing Chapters

I have always Identified myself as a runner ever since i started running in 7th grade. I always thought that running was what defined me coming up through high school and even college. As I have struggled to stay healthy this past year, and had limited time for running, I started to feel that thought process change. As I have done my field experiences, that focus and how i identify myself as started to shift from runner to teacher. When I started working with the Elementary Kids this semester, it was like a switch flipped, and I was able to stop worrying about trying to live up to what i felt everyone around me expectations, that i am that runner, to being able to really focus on improving as a teacher. I feel like after this field experience I have found where I want to focus my teaching, and it is definitely on Elementary. The kids are so enthusiastic, and you are there Idol. I have always had a heart for kids, because I have grown up with kids around me all the time, but experiencing the joy and excitement that they brought everyday to class just solidified how much I want to teach Elementary.

No comments:

Post a Comment