Tuesday, May 7, 2013
Feeling Smart
A lot of times when you are taking a class, you think to yourself, why is this important or when will i ever use it. I have felt that way sometimes in anatomy, but something pretty cool happened to me this week. I found out Monday night that my grandma is having surgery this week to have a pace maker put in. When I called my mom and asked what was wrong, she said she wasn't really sure what the doctor was talking about but said it had something to do with the electrical system of the heart. Well sure enough we have just finished the heart in anatomy so i knew the systems and chambers like the back of my hand. It was pretty cool to be able to educate my family on what exactly was going on inside my grandmas heart and what part wasn't working correctly to regulate her heart beat. Not only did I feel extremely smart afterwards, but it made me realize that you never know when you will get the chance to do your job as a teacher and educate someone. It was just cool that this time it happened to be my family that I got to educate.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment